EHS Training Offerings
Please note that clicking any of the course links below will redirect you away from the EHS website to the EHS Training Database where you can view training descriptions and register for scheduled training lessons. Registration is required.
Reminder: Laboratory Safety and Chemical Waste Management, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Asbestos courses require annual retraining. After completion of these courses, you will receive annual automated reminders to help you stay in compliance.
EHS Training Delivery COVID-19 Response
Currently, unless otherwise indicated, all EHS in-person training sessions are held on UConn's official WebX system. To ensure security, and to accurately record participation, all WebX sessions for EHS lessons will be invitation only. All registered participants can expect an email with information about how to join the EHS training lesson 24 hours before the lesson is scheduled to begin. If you have any questions contact the trainer for your lesson or the EHS Training and Outreach Program Manager, Shawna Lesseur.
Note: The only EHS course offered physically in person as of 7.7.2020 is Respiratory Protection.
- All Courses
- Biological Health & Safety
- Chemical Health & Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Radiation Safety
View Training History
Train the Trainer Resources
Lab-Based Training Checklists
- Lab-Based Training Form - Radiation Safety
- Lab-Based Training Form - Laser Safety
- Lab-Based Training Form - Analytical X-ray Equipment Safety
Q: I am new at UConn. How do I know which safety training I need? OR, I was told to call EHS to find out what safety training I should sign up for?
A: Please speak with your PI/Supervisor and refer to the following tools: the Workplace Hazard Assessment for your area and the Employee Safety Training Assessment. EHS staff can also be consulted for assistance.
Upcoming EventsAll Events »
You must register for all EHS training lessons to ensure adequate space and availability. Courses with no participants registered may be cancelled. Walk-in attendance for cancelled classes will not be possible. Walk-in participants for courses that have filled may not be able to complete/participate in some training courses.
- EHS HuskyCT online training requires pre-registration. After using link above to register, please allow up to two business days for HuskyCT access.
- To register for EHS courses, you will need your official UConn NetID.
- SAMPLE NetID: abc00000 (must be 3 letters followed by 5 numbers)
- To find your NetID go to: https://netid.uconn.edu.
- If you are a visitor without a NetID, please contact EHS for training registration support.
Need help finding your courses on the new HuskyCT? Click HERE. For assistance please call 6-3613.
If you require an accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Shawna Lesseur at least one week in advance of the training you plan to attend.