When might students need EHS safety training?

  1. When participating in a maker space or research lab
  2. When a faculty member or program leader coordinates with EHS and specifically requires you to attend a lesson as part of your course work
  3. When conducting undergraduate research in a lab setting
  4. When participating in experiential learning in a setting with hazards such as a lab, theater production, or studio
  5. When you are also an employee

Are you an employee?

If you're getting paid as a Graduate Assistant (Teaching or Research), student labor, work study, or special payroll, you are a University employee, and you should complete an Employee Safety Training Assessment (ESTA) with your supervisor to determine which initial safety training courses are required for you to take before beginning work where hazards are present.