Controlled Substances

Listed below is the contact information you’ll need if you plan to use controlled substances in your research. First contact the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection for your Connecticut State license.

Agent Gerald DeStefano
Office 1-860-713-6065
Fax 1-860-713-7242

State licenses expire every year on January 31st. Once you obtain your license from the state, you can then apply for your federal license on line.

Federal licenses expire on the anniversary date of when it was granted. You are required to have your own narcotics safe. It’s suggested that you speak with the drug agent for guidance with regards to the installation and location of your safe.

For further instructions, click HERE.