The purpose of the Chemical Hygiene Committee (CHC) is to review, recommend, and develop policies and procedures to establish safe work practices involving laboratory chemicals. The committee shall report to the Associate Vice President of Research Integrity & Regulatory Affairs and derive its authority from the Vice President for Research (VPR). The VPR appoints committee members and the chair. The committee shall be composed of members from representative departments operating laboratories (research and teaching) in which hazardous chemicals are used, and representatives from Environmental Health & Safety. In implementing their charge, the committee shall use as a model the Department of Labor – Occupational Safety and Health Administration “Laboratory Standard”, 29 CFR 1910.1450 and any applicable standards or guidelines included therein by reference. Specifically, the committee shall:
- Review and provide input on Standard Operating Procedures for the use of hazardous chemicals.
- Review reports of chemical spills and other emergency laboratory situations and provide input on any mechanisms to improve safety and emergency response.
- Review and provide input regarding the content and scheduling of training programs for laboratory personnel.
- Review and provide input for the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Review and provide input into the Chemical Inventory System.
|Doug Adamson||Chemistry / IMS|
|Mary Anne Amalaradjou||Animal Science|
|Ben Anacleto||Tech Park|
|Paul Bureau||Continuing Studies|
|Wesley Byerly, Ex-Officio||Research Integrity and Regulatory Affairs|
|Craig Calvert||Operations and Information Management|
|Ock Chun||Nutritional Sciences|
|Teresa Dominguez, Ex-Officio||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Steven Garvin, Ex-Officio||Office of the Fire Marshal and Building Inspector|
|Cindy Hall, Committee Secretary||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Brent Lewchik||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Peter Menard||Center for Clean Energy Engineering|
|Linda McCollam-Guilani||Biology Central Services|
|Brian Willis||Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering|