UConn’s Environmental Programs team provides services that manage and coordinate the University’s regulatory compliance obligations for operational and construction activities.
The compliance responsibilities of this group include:
- Environmental assessment, siting and land use planning and permitting to preserve wetlands, wildlife and other natural resources.
- Construction site environmental monitoring in order to ensure proper maintenance of erosion and sedimentation controls and best management practices for construction-related waste, including management of regulated building materials, and site remediation.
- Air pollution control permitting, record keeping, and reporting for UConn’s Central Utility Plant and Co-Generation Facility as well as hundreds of other air emissions units at the Storrs and regional campuses.
- Environmental guidance on permits, studies and plans related to UConn’s water supply, stormwater management, wastewater treatment systems, and storage tanks.
- Development and maintenance of UConn’s environmental management system, including auditing, training and document control.
The Environmental Health and Safety Environmental Team’s efforts focus mainly on operational compliance with applicable regulatory and permit requirements and streamlining environmental compliance programs for maximum benefit and efficiency.
UConn’s Office of Sustainability initiates and directs “green” campus initiatives, energy and water conservation, and environmental literacy. For more information on UConn’s Office of Sustainability, please click here to visit their website.
|Address:||3102 Horsebarn Hill Road, Unit 4097|
Storrs, CT 06269
Physical Office Address
|Address:||28 Professional Park Road|
Storrs, CT 06268